Tomorrow it's back to school--and ALL the meetings--for me, but I wanted to take a quick moment to recap everything that I've done with these last ten weeks of summer break. This summer, I have:
- signed with my amazing agent
- added some extra shiny to my first novel
- rewritten and revised 30,000 words of my current WIP
- finally learned how to write synopses before writing the book and outlined a series
- read 30 books, an overwhelming amount of them featuring diverse protagonist, including lots of #ownvoices
- finished and aced the first semester of my master's degree
- taken two road trips to visit some of my most favorite people
I think I can call it a pretty awesome summer altogether. I wish I was even halfway ready to get back from it, but then again, I don't think I ever am. That said, this school year will mean a lot of compartmentalizing and crazy time management as I juggle writing with teaching and continuing my master's degree, but hey, it's not my first crazily sleep-deprived rodeo.
I'll keep you all posted on some strategies I used and well, you'll see my accountability updates.
So, anyway, let's call this one a massive win.
As for my upcoming goals on top of teaching and grad school, I hope to keep up my streak of writing/revising at least 1,000 words a day and finish this draft/revision of Mental Note by the end of September.